14 Feb 2012

January GlossyBox

Hey guys! I was lucky enough to receive the January edition of GlossyBox last week. I was very excited for this months box because I knew it was going to be Valentines Day themed, and just look at that beautiful bright pink box! I still can't work out if I like this colour, or the normal paler pink branding.
As normal, the box was filled with five products, and here's what I thought of them!

Eyeko Skinny Eyeliner
I read other posts on this box so I was prepared for this product. One post prompted me to use it as a water liner to open and brighten my eyes. If I hadn't of seen that I probably would have branded it useless to me! So, I tried it, but unfortunately it looks pretty silly on me :( I think it's down to the colour not really blending well with my skin tone because it just stood out like a saw thumb. My eyes looked pretty stupid. Regardless, the pencil is quite thick and slightly creamy. It felt good quality. The design was annoying though! I mean, does the pencil really need that long silver bit on the end? Not really, it just gets in the way.

Davines Cleansing Nectar
Ok, if it weren't for reading another box post I wouldn't have a clue what to do with this! The packaging really doesn't hint much as to what or how you use it, other than saying HAIR/BODY on it. I personally don't like it when products can be used on both your hair and skin, because I feel they are two very different things with very different requirements. Especially if you have sensitive skin! Regardless, I used it as a shampoo, and whilst washing it made my hair feel very rubbery - like I'd used a bar of soap. Once dry though, it felt clean and as it usually would. It did take rather a lot of product to build a decent lather, but I do have a lot of hair. Next time I might use it as a shower gel instead.

Davines Moisturising Balm
Again I was unclear with this one. It says on it FACE/HAIR/BODY. I wasn't going to use it on my face because that is too much of a risk, so I used it as a conditioner to go with the Nectar. It has a thicker consistency to most conditioners, and was really awkward to squeeze out of the tube with wet/product covered hands! I left it on for about 2-3 mins then washed it off. Once dry, my hair felt alright, but my Mum commented on how it felt less soft than it usually does. Maybe next time I should use it as a moisturiser?

FAB Gentle Body Wash
Again, another product that confused me! It's name implied that it's a shower gel or something, but the instructions describe it as a cleanser which I associate with ones face. It does stress that it's safe for sensitive skin though, so I used it on my face. It lathered nicely, but it was possibly a bit too much for my skin? Afterwards I couldn't work out if my skin felt soft or just a bit too caked in product. Regardless, I do quite like it and want to use it a few more times :)

MURAD - Hybrids Skin Perfecting Primer (Dewy)
I haven't had a chance to use this yet but I'm slightly cautious about it because I don't like products that give you a dewy look. I am an all matte girl! In my opinion, dewy translates to looking greasy on your face. I'm going to give it a go when I get the chance but I'm not excited about it.

Over all, I've enjoyed this box. I haven't found any amazing products for me but I've definitely enjoyed trying them out. My favourite is the FAB cleanser and I want to use that more. The rest have been a bit of a miss but regardless trying them out was fun! 

(Currently away for the week so no posts until Friday. Tried to set up posts but forgot to set up the images I took before leaving. Sorry guys!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks guys! :)