17 Aug 2011

Wednesday Waffling 13 (thin tops)



1. Video aftermath! 29 post-it's were used in total. Thought it was more really.
2. What I got today at Lakeside, will show you them all slowly over time.

- Hey guys! This is the unlucky post! To those of whom consider 13 unlucky haha :) I went to Lakeside today but I have something else I want to talk about in this post. I think if a Wednesday Waffling talks about something in particular, I'll put it in brackets at the end.
Over the past 4 or 5 months, I've noticed that plain tops, especially vest tops, are starting to be made in thinner and thinner material, so much so that it's hard to find a top that doesn't show your bra through. I don't mean see through, but if your wearing a colour or black bra you can kind of see where it is through the material. Even more annoyingly, they're the same price as the once non-thin tops, if not more! 
I think I've only really noticed because I HATE it when my bra shows through things, unless it's a completely see through top with a black bra which is kinda like a statement and accepted these days. Otherwise I hate it and think it looks badly thought out and a bit tacky - I don't want the whole world to know I'm wearing a red and black lace bra!
Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against these thin tops, lots of people like them, but the fact that no thicker alternative is provided is a bit frustrating. Some may say it's a trend, but I think that thinner material is cheaper to use so manufacturers are using it instead full stop. I know there are still thicker tops out there because I do still find them, my point is more that it's a lot more difficult these days. If I want to buy a white vest top from a shop, I always take about 3 or 4 into the changing room with me (if they offer more than one style of white vest top)  and usually 90% or all of them I can see my bra through. 
I think coloured tops are a lot easier to get away with because even if they are thin, depending on the colour you still might not give anything away, but white is the worst.
This could just be me being picky, but thin material bugs me to hell. What do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks guys! :)