11 Feb 2011

The Black Widow Bird


- Hey guys! Yup, again I shouldn't be posting but I am. I'm such a procrastinator, a very bad habit! But I really wanted to show you the jacket me and my Mum made for my college work. We finished it on tuesday and that's when I took the photos, it's not really an outfit but I still wanted to post it.
The original jacket was just a plain black one from Next (via a charity shop) and we took out the lapels, made a block and replaced them with red fabric and black lace. We also pressed it differently so you could see more of it. Then the 'tail' was made out of 5 layers of 2 - 3 layers of gathered netting, lace and more red fabric. These were then sewn on and then I graduated each layer and cut them into 'feathers'.

The image I wanted to create was that I am a female bird of paradise, but I'm a bitchy, 'don't fuck with me' female. The Black Widow reference is to give the impression that after I'm finished with a male, I'll rip his head off (this is all in context with the bird character I'm creating, not me haha). This is why I'm dressed as I am, slightly provocative, beautiful, but dangerous.
Even though you might think the photos are a bit much, I am really proud of the jacket in general. So much effort went in, and I wish this is the kind of thing I could wear out.

- Just a quick note to Camilla, thank you very much for the award! I will do a full blog post on it in the next few days :) Also a big hello to Lucille! Thank you for your comment, it made me smile :) Thanks for taking the time to join me!

Just to let you know that I read all the comments I get, and I wish there was a better way to reply to them. Also I do have a little look at every one's blog, and I enjoy reading all your posts :)

- Next tuesday I'm going to Barcelona until friday with my college. I don't know if I will come back alive, or still possessing everything I took with me, because we were originally told that it was a 3 star hotel, and it has now come to light that it is actually a 1 star hotel. A Barcelona 1 star hotel :/ 
This is why I hate my college. It's also possible that they have cheated me out of about £530, but I won't get into that.
Either way, that is all for now :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow that jacket is amazing! It must have taken you ages to make!

    Thanks for the mention, its no problem!

    Enjoy your trip to Barcelona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. BABE YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!
    GREAT STYLE!

    check if you want:

    http://yourfashioncafe.blogspot.com/

    kisses!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys! :)